FREE COVID-19 TEST / EXAMEN DE COVID-19 GRATIS
We are providing FREE COVID-19 testing to the community. If you would like to be tested please call the clinic at 770-419-3120 ext. 101 to schedule an appointment, and click here to fill out the required form.
Estamos ofreciendo la prueba de COVID-19. Si usted quiere obtener esta prueba, por favor Llamar a la clinica al 770-419-3120 ext. 101 para hacer una cita y presione aqui para llenar el questionario requerido.
What is our response?
So much has changed in such a short period of time. The Good Samaritan Health Center of Cobb is closely monitoring recommendations from the CDC and we have taken the following actions to support our patients, staff, and community. We have updated some of our policies to reflect the times.
We have reconfigured our operational workflow and updated policies to include:
- A protocol in place to triage patients at the front door and separate sick from healthy patients.
- The health center has set up tents outside the clinic for patients to pick up medication and to reduce the number of people gathered together.
- Medications are picked up outside at the pharmacy window.
- We are strategically delaying many non-critical medical visits.
- Dental is providing emergency services only. (Dental is now fully seeing patients-6/1)
- We have increased our supply of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- We have asked all staff who are 65 years of age or older and anyone who is living with a suppressed immune system or lives with someone who has a suppressed immune system to work from home. (working from home staff return to the clinic on 6/15)
- Launched TeleHealth services for Behavioral Health and Medical.
- Nutrition consultation and counseling have temporarily moved to TeleHealth.
- We have daily staff updates to review policies and keep our staff informed of changes.
While we have mobilized quickly, the last couple of months is a reminder of how much our community needs us to remain open and continue to serve the health needs of this community. Many of our patients would not have access to medications, if not for our dispensary. While TeleHealth is a solution for some of our patients, many do not have access to smartphones or computers.
We are taking extra measures to keep our patients and staff healthy.
We continue to operate our clinic dedicated to the people who do not have health insurance or live below the federal poverty level. To better ensure patient and staff safety, we have contracted with Behavioral-Based Improvement Solutions to train our staff on healthy behaviors regarding safety protocols and the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). They have spent several days at the health center, educating us on the science of infectious disease transmission and how to keep our staff and patients healthy during this time.
How YOU Can Help.
Your support is more critical than ever. We need to remain open so that we can serve our patients who might not have anywhere else to go for their healthcare.
Because of COVID-19, we anticipate:
- Needing to hire additional screening and clinical support staff
- Purchasing additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- An increase in the costs for labs.
- The added expense of launching TeleHealth services
- A COVID-HVAC upgrade
- Installation of bio-hazard resistant flooring
- The need for additional legal expenses associated with COVID-19 regulatory compliance requirements.
- Loss of patient revenue because of temporarily delaying non-critical medical and dental visits.
There are several ways to give include: online gift through our website, check, and donor-advised fund (DAF).
1. Online at: Good Sam Cobb
2. Please mail off-line gifts to:
The Good Samaritan Health Center of Cobb
1605 Roberta Drive SW
Marietta, GA 30008
We would love your prayers for wisdom in the quick decisions that are made by leadership on a daily basis and for the protection of our staff and their families.
Encourage others to donate.
As most of our patients are uninsured, a move toward triage and seeing non-critical patients will result in a dramatic decline in patient revenue. We are committed to our employees and patients but this will require new revenue sources.
Create a Facebook Fundraiser.
Leverage your social media network to help support Good Samaritan Cobb and start a Facebook fundraiser at Good Sam Cobb Facebook fundraiser
Encourage your sphere of influence to stay home.
We will get through this together. We must practice social distancing and good hand-washing in order to change the direction of the pandemic.